Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
IBM

Submission + - IBM Measure Force Required To Move Atoms (ibm.com)

Tjeerd writes: "IBM scientists, in collaboration with the University of Regensburg in Germany, are the first ever to measure the force it takes to move individual atoms on a surface. This fundamental measurement provides important information for designing future atomic-scale devices: computer chips, miniaturized storage devices, and more. An animation of their research can be viewed on Youtube."
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

IBM Measure Force Required To Move Atoms

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...