Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Biotech

Submission + - Living cells turned into computers (nature.com) 2

ananyo writes: Synthetic biologists have developed DNA modules that perform logic operations in bacteria. These ‘genetic circuits’ could, for example, be used by scientists to track key moments in a cell’s life or, in biotechnology, to turn on production of a drug at the flick of a chemical switch. The researchers have encoded 16 logic gates in modules of DNA and stored the results of logical operations. The different logic gates can be assembled into a wide variety of circuits.
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Living cells turned into computers

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...