Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Mars

Submission + - Could Curiosity Save Our Wildest Martian Dreams? (vice.com)

pigrabbitbear writes: "After recent budget cuts to NASA’s Mars program, the agency’s dream of a sample return mission within the next decade is dead in the water. But the $2.5 billion dollar rover Curiosity is on its way to the red planet right now, and speculation is popping up online that the it could fairly easily be retrofitted with the hardware needed to collect and store samples. Theoretically NASA would just need one more mission to collect and return those samples, turning Curiosity into the first phase of the sample return dream."
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Could Curiosity Save Our Wildest Martian Dreams?

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...