Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - World Cup forecasting challenge (kaggle.com)

databuff writes: As a break from projecting the strength of subprime mortgages, credit default swaps and other obscure financial instruments, quantitative analysts at Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, UBS and Danske Bank have modeled the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Now Kaggle has set up a forecasting competition, allowing statisticians to go head-to-head with these corporate giants. The challenge is to predict how far each country will progress in the tournament. If the banks know as much about soccer as they do about subprime mortgages, the statisticians are in with a good chance.
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

World Cup forecasting challenge

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...