Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Mars Science

Despite Clay Minerals, Early Mars Might Have Been Dry 105

astroengine writes "Early Mars may not have been as warm or wet as scientists suspect, a finding which could impact the likelihood that the Red Planet was capable of evolving life at the time when it was getting started on Earth. A new study presents an alternative explanation for the prevalence of Mars' ancient clay minerals, which on Earth most often result from water chemically reacting with rock over long periods of time. The process is believed to be a starting point for life."
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Despite Clay Minerals, Early Mars Might Have Been Dry

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...